In Summer 2020, researchers surveyed local government officials on the effects of COVID-19. This brief examines the reported impact on public participation and local government meetings.
COVID-19 Response: Community Resiliency in the Hoosier State (Policy Brief Series)
To better understand the varied effects of COVID-19 in communities throughout Indiana, a survey of local government officials was conducted by Accelerate Indiana Municipalities (AIM), the Association of Indiana Counties (AIC), and Ball State University researchers at the Bowen Center for Public Affairs, CBER, and Indiana Communities Institute.
The purpose of these policy briefs is to provide government policymakers and community decision-makers with more comprehensive and in-depth data on budgetary/fiscal stress, technology, administration, public health, and community health as decisions are made regarding resource allocation and policy development.
- Fiscal Impacts on Local Government
- Implementing the "Roadmap to Reopen Indiana" (Executive Order)
- What Was the Role of Computer Technology and Internet Access in Complying with COVID-19 Directives?
- Local Municipalities’ Public Engagement During COVID-19
- Local Government Partnerships and Communications Early in the Pandemic