The survey results presented in this brief suggest that local governments were proactive in implementing measures intended to protect the health and safety of their staff and the public, enhance facility cleaning and sanitation, and facilitate social distancing.
COVID-19 Response: Community Resiliency in the Hoosier State (Policy Brief Series)
To better understand the varied effects of COVID-19 in communities throughout Indiana, a survey of local government officials was conducted by Accelerate Indiana Municipalities (AIM), the Association of Indiana Counties (AIC), and Ball State University researchers at the Bowen Center for Public Affairs, CBER, and Indiana Communities Institute.
The purpose of these policy briefs is to provide government policymakers and community decision-makers with more comprehensive and in-depth data on budgetary/fiscal stress, technology, administration, public health, and community health as decisions are made regarding resource allocation and policy development.
- Fiscal Impacts on Local Government
- Implementing the "Roadmap to Reopen Indiana" (Executive Order)
- What Was the Role of Computer Technology and Internet Access in Complying with COVID-19 Directives?
- Local Municipalities’ Public Engagement During COVID-19
- Local Government Partnerships and Communications Early in the Pandemic